Free Consultation (425) 533-2156

Bellevue Personal Injury Attorney

John T Law, PLLC fights for the rights of victims of vehicle injury, accidents caused by negligent drivers, bicycle accidents, dog bites and nursing home abuse. These accidents may involve cars, trucks, motorcycles, nursing homes or pedestrian accidents in Washington State.  If you have been involved in an accident in Washington State let's sit down and talk about your options. We won't let the insurance companies push you around or force you to settle for less than you deserve.

Do I need a lawyer? Insurance company says they will cut me a check!

Yes, you do need an attorney to represent you as an insurance company will often only provide you compensation for your vehicle damage and medical bills but will leave out any compensation you may be owed for lost wages, pain and suffering or non-economic damages. Insurance companies offer you a penny to the dollar when you are eligible for much more! 

Were you hit by a distracted driver?

We can help! Here at John T Law we can subpoena the cell phone records of the at-fault driver in order to see if they were using their phone at the time of the accident. These records will include information of when they sent a text, opened an app or took a phone call. All of this information is key in helping to get you all the damages you may be eligible to receive. 

What kind of damages are recoverable in a personal injury claim?

Generally, there are two different types of damages: economic or special and non-economic or general damages.
Economic damages include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, future medical expenses, future lost wages, and loss of earning capacity.
Non-economic damages consist of pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, disability, disfigurement, and inability to lead a normal life.

What are the limits to personal injury damages?

There is a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Washington. This means that you generally cannot begin a new case after this time period.
Washington does not place any limits on the amount of damages that a jury can award in a case for either of the types of damages, economic and non-economic.

What if the other driver doesn't have enough coverage?

It is very common to worry if the person who hit you will lose their home or be forced into bankruptcy when the damage exceeds their policy limits. The good news is that the person who hit you is not going to be financially ruined due to the accident. If the damages exceed the policy limit, then their insurance company must decide between two options. If the insurance company chooses to pay up to the policy limit, then we will settle for that amount and the negligent person won't have to pay out of pocket. If the insurance company chooses to go to trial and the verdict awarded exceeds the policy limit, the insurance company must pay the entire verdict.

What can I do to preserve my injury claim?

The insurance company of the defendant (most often in a car accident) might claim your injuries are pre-existing and could not have occurred from the car accident. If this is the case, your medical evidence will be able to prove them wrong.
We will collect your medical records from before the accident and compare them with your post-accident diagnosis. When necessary, we will bring in medical experts to testify on behalf of your claim as doctors can sometimes determine how old an injury is by looking at scar tissue.













King County: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah, Sammamish, Bothell, Duvall, Woodinville, Mercer Island, Newcastle, Kent, Renton, Federal Way, Auburn, SeaTac, Kenmore, Tukwila, and more.
Snohomish County: Everett, Lynnwood, Bothell, Edmonds, Snohomish, Monroe

John T Law
(425) 650-9888 (fax)
Mon: 09:00am - 09:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 09:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 09:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 09:00pm
Fri: 09:00am - 09:00pm
Sat: 09:00am - 09:00pm
Sun: 09:00am - 09:00pm